Subscribe to our Newsletter
Museum Association of
The complex consists of two structures, one housing an interpretation centre, gift shop, and a tea house which serves traditional Newfoundland cuisine and beverages. The museum itself is housed in a restored house which was constructed in 1911 on Port Elizabeth Island in Placentia Bay and was transported to nearby Red Harbour during the areaâ€™s 1969 resettlement program. It was later moved to its current location and was restored to represent the lifestyles of 1900-1950 western Placentia Bay communities. The museum consists of a kitchen, pantry, sitting room and bedrooms, complete with furnishings and domestic artifacts relative to the early twentieth century. Other themes expressed include the Placentia Bay inshore fishery, carpentry, and resettlement.
Location: 1 km south of the Boat Harbour Junction along the Burin Peninsula Highway, Route 210
Admission: Free, donations accepted